Ipsen is a dynamic and growing global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company focused on innovation and specialty care. We aim to make a sustainable difference by significantly improving patients’ health and quality of life and providing them with effective therapeutic solutions for unmet medical needs through differentiated and innovative medicines in oncology, neurosciences, and rare diseases. Ipsen commercializes more than 20 drugs in over 115 countries, with a direct commercial presence in 30 countries worldwide.
In the Nordic countries, Ipsen is represented since 2006 with a Nordic office in Kista Science Tower outside Stockholm. In 2019, Ipsen was announced as the fastest-growing pharma company in Sweden according to Läkemedelsmarknaden. Today we are about 60 employees in the Nordic region and we work mainly in the therapeutic areas of oncology, neuroscience, and rare disease. We also have our Baltic marketing organization, with around 20 people, belonging to the cluster.
For further information about Ipsen, please visit www.ipsen.com and www.ipsennordic.com
Ipsen is looking for their new colleague to join their Medical Department as Medical Advisor Rare Diseases/Uro-Oncology Nordics. The position is based at the Nordic office in Kista Science Tower, Stockholm and will report to the Medical Director Nordics & Baltics.
Scope of the role
As the medical advisor within Rare Diseases/Uro-Oncology at Ipsen, you will be responsible for the local medical affairs within the therapeutic area of Rare Diseases and Uro-Oncology. This is a unique combination of a role where you would be part of a cross-functional team in uro-oncology responsible for a well-established product for the treatment of prostate cancer as well as the pre-launch activities for two pipeline products that are being developed for Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva, an ultra-rare disease.
Expected international travel time is approx. 10%.
- Responsible for the Local Medical Affairs within the therapeutic area of Rare Diseases and uro-oncology.
- Responsible for the development of local strategy and medical plans for both therapeutic areas.
- To provide scientific information and support both internally and to external stakeholders.
- As point of contact for the Thought Leaders and relevant Patient Organisations in the Nordics, you will map the FOP communities and establish the IPSEN Nordics footprint in this area.
- Responsible to develop and maintain knowledge through congress attendance and by managing the evolving evidence base within both therapeutic areas.
- To provide medical brand support in developing and executing the Medical Strategy as well as internal and external cross-functional collaboration.
- Advanced degree in life sciences (M.Sc. or Ph.D) or medical graduate (MD).
- At least 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including Medical Affairs.
- Excellent verbal and written Swedish and English.
- Knowledge of local regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and current training in, GxP (GCP, GPvP, and other applicable instruments and regulations governing clinical research, medical information and scientific communication.)
- Experience in a matrix organization, a proven track record in cross-functional working.
- An understanding of the drug development process and a good knowledge of the therapeutic area would be a strong advantage.
Desirable personal characteristics
To succeed in this role, you should have solid experience across the medical affairs palette, an open mindset, and a pioneering and flexible attitude. We believe you appreciate working independently within your own area of responsibilities and have the capacity to build strong relationships across internal and external functions along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
In this recruitment Ipsen collaborates with Scientific Solutions and all questions and applications will be managed by Scientific Solutions.
To apply for this position, send in your CV and a short personal letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome with your application as soon as possible and by the latest on 27th of October 2021. We are screening the applications on a running basis.
For further questions, please contact:
Anna Arnebrant at Scientific Solutions by phone +46 73 995 56 25 or by email email@example.com
Sara Gustafsson by phone +46 709 73 17 47 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Solutions specializes in talent supply for Life Science companies. We focus on management and specialist roles mainly within R&D, Clinical, Regulatory, Drug Safety, Sales, and Marketing. www.scientificsolutions.se